Kirsten made this handy-dandy map, and kindly sent it over to our Flickr Pool so everyone could fawn over it. She also writes the blog Team Ewan, which is all about her yet-to-be-born son, Ewan, and Tetralogy of Fallot, which he has been diagnosed with. You can read all about everything here.
- Remember the lesbian triad wedding? They're pregnant!
- What to expect when you're the first of your friends to have kids
- How do you talk about deal-breaker topics?
- Family of four moves onto boat to find path again
- Creating a safe and happy home in a dangerous space
- Avoiding turbulence: Keep in contact with family at home while traveling abroad
- Having a baby didn't stop us from touring with our band — we just bring him along
- How can we make a non-sucky adoption profile?
Top Posts of All Time
- What are your favorite offbeat baby names?
- I've started telling my daughters I'm beautiful
- The pitfalls of offbeat baby names debunked
- What are the ethics of naming your child — can you use someone else's baby's name?
- My 7 rules for being a responsible stoner parent
- When is the right time to have a child?
- How did your body REALLY change after giving birth?
- Babycrack: when wanting a baby gets weird
- Why are moms so hesitant to view their male partners as full, competent parents?
- Did you find out the sex of your baby?
We believe that while children change your life forever, being around kids doesn't necessitate abandoning your identity.
In September 2013, Offbeat Families stopped publishing new posts, but our archive of 2400 existing posts will stay online forever! And you can still find NEW family-related posts on our sister site, Offbeat Home & Life.