This just makes me smile. Over and over and over again.
- Having a baby didn't stop us from touring with our band — we just bring him along
- How can we make a non-sucky adoption profile?
- Let Brooklyn's Amber Marlow help you get a date, snag a job, or get great family photos
- Of mothers and daughters and loudmouths
- How my native language and Down syndrome shifted my perspectives on privilege
- Triangles, boundaries, and Spidey Senses: Ending relationships with difficult family members
- How and why endometriosis caused me to voluntarily become a single mother at 22
- 7 people; 1 bathroom: Learning to love moving back in with my family
Top Posts of All Time
- What are your favorite offbeat baby names?
- I've started telling my daughters I'm beautiful
- The pitfalls of offbeat baby names debunked
- What are the ethics of naming your child — can you use someone else's baby's name?
- My 7 rules for being a responsible stoner parent
- When is the right time to have a child?
- How did your body REALLY change after giving birth?
- Babycrack: when wanting a baby gets weird
- Why are moms so hesitant to view their male partners as full, competent parents?
- Did you find out the sex of your baby?
We believe that while children change your life forever, being around kids doesn't necessitate abandoning your identity.
In September 2013, Offbeat Families stopped publishing new posts, but our archive of 2400 existing posts will stay online forever! And you can still find NEW family-related posts on our sister site, Offbeat Home & Life.