I found this great fingerpaint recipe and I had to give it a try. I love homemade recipes that work as well or better than their store-bought counterparts. This recipe was easy to make and the perfect consistency. It made the perfect amount to fill three half-pint mason jars.
Ziploc painting is all over Pinterest. I thought I found the perfect fun mess-free painting solution! This colorful bag of paint is the perfect way to work on color mixing. Kids will be amazed when they create a new color.
What you need: mess-free finger painting
How you do it
- Place two colors inside the Ziploc, remove all the air and seal tightly.
- Tape over the seam just to make sure you will have no accidental opening of the paint bag — I placed a white paper under our bag and then taped everything to the table to keep the bag from slipping around.
The kiddos loved squishing the paint, but they were disappointed when I told them that they were not creating a "painting" that they could hang on the fridge. My perfect mess-free experience was not so perfect in the kids' eyes. So I had to create another mess-free painting experience that would produce fridge worthy art. Here's the information for that:
What you need: mess-free finger painting with results
How you do it
- Have the kiddos scoop finger paint onto their paper.
- Place a large piece of plastic wrap over the entire paper.
- Tape all the edges of the plastic wrap to the paper, making sure to carefully seal every edge. Once everything is sealed, your little one is ready to start painting.
No need for the car to go through the car wash after this painting, and the kids loved the tracks the wheels left behind. Once your little one is finished painting, simply remove the tape, and discard the plastic wrap. You will be left with a beautiful masterpiece.
He got his painting, and I had no mess to clean up. This is definitely an activity that we will be revisiting! Happy mess-free painting!