Heya, and welcome to Offbeat Families! This is where we introduce ourselves, and help you get started with our site.
We spent four years publishing over 2400 amazing posts on Offbeat Families. Our site is intended toward anyone who's interested in talking about families — whether you're pre-parental, in the process of becoming a parent, or choosing to live child-free.
Although we're no longer producing new posts, you should follow us on Facebook, where we post links to our favorite Offbeat Families posts, as well as links to families-related posts on our sister site, Offbeat Home & Life.
We know our readers pretty well, and we think we know what a lot of you are looking for:
- Are you thinking about getting pregnant? Let's talk about trying to conceive.
- If you're pregnant, check out our pregnancy and archive and read some of our "Getting it out" birth stories.
We celebrate all kinds of births, including home births, hospital births, and Cesarean deliveries.
- If you're adopting, read some of our readers' amazing stories about their paths to parenthood.
- If you're a member of the LBGT community we've got a whole archive of posts dedicated to lesbian families.
- Not planning on having kids — ever? You're not alone! Our Child-Free archive is going strong!
- Things not going as planned? Be sure to check our infertility archive.
And finally … don't forget to take a deep breath and appreciate the awesomeness of love and commitment. Starting a family doesn't have to be high drama or terrifying — it can be fun and awesome. We're here to help with that.
Ready to dive in?
Let's find out what interests you…